- Reduce impacts of the Linear Infrastructures of Terrestrial Transport on the amphibian populations – AMPHILTe
Reduce impacts of the Linear Infrastructures of Terrestrial Transport on the amphibian populations – AMPHILTe
Our “incubatory” project -ITTECOP 2017- “Reduce impacts of the Linear Infrastructures of Terrestrial Transport on the amphibian populations – AMPHILTe” aims to build a European project of category "LIFE".
We must put in common, complement and make use of the data and results that they are empirical and/or scientific during previous works (grey literature and scientific bibliography) linked to the viability of the amphibian populations, habitats loss and fragmentation, vehicle collisions while crossing terrestrial transport infrastructure (ITT) and mitigation strategies.
We will obtain more detailed and new data and other useful knowledge for road ecology and engineering, in particular land use planning, national and regional policies (TVB, SRCE).
This applied project, which will benefit from the experiences and skills from our colleagues in Europe, gathers a group of various actors (public and private; NGOs – naturalists and citizens -, researchers, managers of protected area, infrastructure managers and road/transport planning experts …).
To achieve these objectives, we will rely on:
- Identify the precise location of amphibian tunnels and other mitigating road solutions; create a relational and participative database (accessible local and landscape level) with some detailed data about this plurality of devices / external structural factors (landscape, etc.) ;
- Define strong methods and strategies to limit the effects of fragmentation and road mortality on amphibian populations (develop scientific studies with a good synergy between theory and practices; decision tree ; field surveys and monitoring ; hotspot and hot moment mortality, and so on) ;
- Develop one or several equipment designed for demonstrational purposes to establish a reproducible pattern in the best cos-profit ;
- Create a network encouraging dialogue, collaboration and the information exchange to improve the socioeconomic acceptance of this issue and its consequences ;
- Ensure the information of professionals (e.g. road engineering) and develop adapted communication for different types of public on all the actions of this project.